Scan up to 30 photos in 30 seconds with Epson’s new FastFoto scanner*
Photographic memories and historical photos can be easily scanned, enhanced and shared in a few clicks
How do you preserve and digitally share precious printed photos? What if you have stacks of photo albums and boxes containing hundreds of photos? Epson’s new FastFoto FF-680W provides a quick and easy solution.
Manually positioning and scanning a printed photo can be time consuming, so when you have hundreds of photos it can seem like a monumental and unachievable task. Thanks to the auto feeder, the FastFoto FF-680W scanner provides the ultimate solution as it can scan up to 30 photos in 30 seconds 1 . It scans assorted shapes and sizes including standard, square, panoramic and instant photos, from 9x13cm up to 21x91cm (panoramic). It’s also intelligent, knowing when to scan both the front and back - automatically capturing special handwritten notes on the back of photos.
Enhancing thousands of photos is quick and easy with the FastFoto FF-680W using the included software. While you can opt to manually edit the photos, there’s a suite of impressive automatic features that you can individually select to ensure all photos are ready to share immediately. This includes cropping, rotating, restoring colours in faded photos and enhancing brightness, contrast and colour. There’s also the option to automatically save both an enhanced and original version of the scan – great if you want an untouched backup.
Sharing and storing files has been made easy too. The software allows you to choose a file type that's right for your needs: small and easy to share JPEGs or large TIFFs for maximum image quality. Helping to put the next step in motion, the FastFoto software lets you share images via email, and automatically upload images to cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive 2 .
This versatile scanner can be used for much more than photos; it can archive a range of single or double-sided papers at 45ppm 3 , vertically up to A4. Scan and organise cherished and important documents such as school certificates and reports, kid’s drawings, newspaper clippings or just household admin. It can even handle panoramic images – great for digitising school group photos. And thanks to the OCR software, scanned documents are editable in Word or Excel and PDFs are searchable.
Julian Maddock, product manager, Epson Europe, says, “Treasured family photos shouldn’t be lost in dusty boxes - they deserve to be preserved and shared with family and friends. We think digitising these precious photos is the only solution. We’re confident that our FastFoto FF-680W scanner can simplify this process for even the biggest family photo collections. Speed might be its leading feature but don’t forget that it’s a complete solution from capturing the scan through to the efficient editing, storing and sharing of the files.”
The FastFoto FF-680W is on show at Photokina September 2018 and is available from December 2018.
- Automatically scan up to 30 photos in 30 seconds1.
- FastFoto software simplifies and speeds up processing with auto: cropping, deskew, rotation, restore faded colours (old photos), enhancement (brightness, contrast and colour), red-eye removal.
- FastFoto software lets you share images via email and directly upload images to cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive2.
- It detects and captures special handwritten notes on the back of the photo automatically.
- Scan photos with different shapes and sizes. It can scan standard, square, panoramic and instant photos, from 9x13cm up to 21x91cm (panoramic).
- FastFoto software batch-processes photos and saves images efficiently e.g. option to save just an enhanced version, or with the original and enhanced version
- Choose a file type that's right for you: small and easy to share JPEGs or large TIFFs for maximum quality at 600dpi optical resolution.
- Archiving single or double-sided papers at 45ppm3
- from newspaper clippings and children's drawings, to receipts, important school achievements, birth certificates, house deeds and household admin.
- OCR software makes scanned documents editable in Word or Excel and PDFs are searchable.
- Protect delicate photos, stamps or documents by scanning inside the supplied carrier sheet while in slow-scan mode.
1/*. Based on average speed from start of feeding through to ejection of the last photo, scanning thirty 10cm x 15cm photos at 300dpi in landscape orientation. 2. Requires installation to your PC or Mac of the included EpsonFastFoto and/or Epson ScanSmart software for uploading scans to your Google Drive and Dropbox accounts. 3. Based on scanning A4-sized documents at 300 dpi in black-and-white, grayscale or in colour. Scan speed varies depending on network conditions.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 80,000 employees in 86 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
About Epson Europe
Epson Europe B.V., based in Amsterdam, is the Group’s regional headquarters for Europe, Middle-East, Russia, and Africa. With a workforce of 1,750 employees, Epson Europe’s sales for fiscal year 2016 were 1.7 billion Euros. http://www.epson.eu
Environmental Vision 2050