Software also facilitates advanced techniques such as edge blending and projection mapping
Epson’s Professional Projector Tool software makes it quick and easy to set up multi-projector installations
Epson has announced its Professional Projector Tool, a new free software utility for its 3LCD laser installation projectors that will make multiple-projector implementations quicker and easier to set up, and will give users access to more advanced techniques such as edge blending and projection mapping.
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to becoming indispensable to society by connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. The company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics. Epson is proud of its contributions to realizing a sustainable society and its ongoing efforts to realizing the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals.Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the worldwide Epson Group generates annual sales of more than JPY 1 trillion.
About Epson Europe
Epson Europe B.V., based in Amsterdam, is the Group’s regional headquarters for Europe, Middle-East, Russia, and Africa. With a workforce of 1,830 employees, Epson Europe’s sales for fiscal year 2017 were 1,7 million Euros. epson.eu
Environmental Vision 2050 - eco.epson.com
The software is compatible with existing installation projectors including the EB-L25000U , EB-L1500U and EB-L1700U , and will be compatible with the forthcoming EB-L20000U and EB-L12000Q models on launch.
The Epson Professional Projector Tool is designed to be used in conjunction with Epson installation projectors, mainly in installation of rental applications, though it can also be used for fixed installations. It allows the user to adjust lens focus or position remotely, and control basic projector functions such as turning power on and off or displaying a test image.
A straightforward and logical graphical interface allows the user to drag and drop individual projectors to change the image layout, opening up such techniques as edge-blending with multiple projectors, and projection mapping onto objects, to the installer straight out of the box.
Lee Harrison, market development manager, Epson Europe, says, “Our aim is to make it as easy as possible for customers to get the best out of our projectors, and listening to key rental companies across the globe, we realised there was the need for a tool to improve setup times. So we developed our new Professional Projector Tool to do just that. It’s intuitive, accessible, and will allow users to take advantage of advanced techniques that would previously have required extensive training to implement successfully.”
Epson’s Professional Projector Tool software is available now from the Epson website for the EB-L25000U, EB-L1500U and EB-L1700U, and will be compatible with the forthcoming EB-L20000U and EB-L12000Q on launch.
- Epson software solution for use with multiple installation laser projectors
- Free downloadable utility, available from the Epson website
- Utilises projector's built-in camera, rather than requiring a peripheral camera for colour and brightness matching
- Create a single seamless image from multiple projectors using the edge blending feature
- Implement basic projection-mapping using multiple projectors
- Drag and drop individual projectors in the utility's graphical interface to change image layout
- Perform real time geometric and colour adjustments, quickly and easily across multiple projectors.
- Adjust projector lens focus or position remotely
- Correct image distortion when projecting on curved or right-angled surfaces using the geometric correction feature
- Reduce colour tone differences between images with the colour uniformity feature
- Control basic projector functions such as turning power on and off or displaying a test image
- Adjust a wide variety of image settings including dynamic contrast, brightness, colour mode and white balance